DORUtamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

forums for DORUtamers guild

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Once the game is released there will be more categories based on the game itself. Please bare with me since I'm still tinkering with the layout, it will be more Digimon related once I'm done.

Books? Reading?

Go down 
+4
MooMoo
Tattlefox
snowedunder
Caleb
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Caleb
Fresh
Caleb

Books?  Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Books? Reading?   Books?  Reading? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:06 pm

Thats something people don't do very often, unless it has something to do with Reading a TVguide on your satellites programming guide.

But me, oh, I've done hordes of reading, Pendragon, Eragon and Eldest, have yet to sit down and read Brisingr though. I've read a score of Dragonlance novels. I have to say that the Chronicles Trilogy is by far the best, seconded only by the Twins Trilogy. What makes me laugh is when people who read the Chronicles, they think that its about Tanis, when in truth its truly about Raistlin. Raistlin is the man, he is god, he is...Undeniably the best character. You can deny it, but its absolutely true. There are more Raist fans than there are Tas fans. Although Tas is a fine, very fine, bronze winner, with Fizban taking the silver, and of course, Raist taking the Gold...heheh...funny, I made a funny. Raistlin takes the gold. Ha, like santa, I sleigh myself.

But lets see, in my youth, I scoured the libraries and stores for anything Steven King. Having read, It, The Stand (Unabridged, unedited), Tommy Knockers, Danse Macabre, The Gunslingers, Crown of Swords (book 6 of the Wheel of Time), Hitch Hikers Guide, some Forgotten Realms...

But my favorite books are probably Twins Trilogy and Pendragon so far.
Back to top Go down
snowedunder
Fresh
snowedunder

Books?  Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books? Reading?   Books?  Reading? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:22 pm

the last book i read i think was one of the harry potter lol
Back to top Go down
Caleb
Fresh
Caleb

Books?  Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books? Reading?   Books?  Reading? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:36 pm

I haven't read a single HP book. And I never intend to, unless they for some, miraculous reason, kill every single person connected to the making of the movies, from book creator all the way down to extras. Yay for HP deaths!

I mean um....

Miraculously, by that I mean, let them slow boil to death in toad spit and newt eyes...or...yeah...down with HP!!

Tee hee. The movies are ok. I own'em.
Back to top Go down
Tattlefox
Leader
Tattlefox

Books?  Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books? Reading?   Books?  Reading? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 9:29 pm

I have heard of pendragon is it any good?
Back to top Go down
https://dorutamers.darkbb.com
Caleb
Fresh
Caleb

Books?  Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books? Reading?   Books?  Reading? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 9:38 pm

To cop a "fraiz" ZOMG!! It's a long arse series, but it's damn good if you're into the whole Kid is told he's a "dimensional traveler" and must save the worlds from utter destruction at the hands of the evil Saint Dane!

I stopped reading at book 6, I think. The book about giant cats that rule the world. But overall, there's lots of action, intrigue, mass confusion, and defeat. Can't forget the sweet taste of defeat.

It's a series I recommend reading if you like those kinds of themes. Last I remember there were eight or nine books...out ten...I think. Could have been eight...because the last one I bought was book seven, The Rivers of Zadaa.
Back to top Go down
MooMoo
Digi-Egg
MooMoo

Books?  Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books? Reading?   Books?  Reading? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 9:39 pm

i cant rmb the last book i read. well is manga counted as a book? LOL if not i read tons of those haha
Back to top Go down
Caleb
Fresh
Caleb

Books?  Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books? Reading?   Books?  Reading? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 9:43 pm

Hmm...technically speaking, a manga is not really a book, since most call them graphic novels. Suspect
And I'm going to say...name the last non-illustrated book you read... What a Face
Back to top Go down
MooMoo
Digi-Egg
MooMoo

Books?  Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books? Reading?   Books?  Reading? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 9:57 pm

hmmm. well i guess it will be "The Alchemist" or "The Kite Runner" epic books if u ask me. dont really go for those overrated ones like harry potter hehe
Back to top Go down
Caleb
Fresh
Caleb

Books?  Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books? Reading?   Books?  Reading? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:08 pm

Can't say that I've read either of them, let alone heard of them.
I'll have to search for them online and see if there's a torrent I can download. >.>
I'm cheap.
Back to top Go down
saiumi
Digi-Egg
saiumi

Books?  Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books? Reading?   Books?  Reading? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:15 pm

I'm about 3/4 through the Great Book of Amber, then starting on the Golden Compass Series.
Back to top Go down
Caleb
Fresh
Caleb

Books?  Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books? Reading?   Books?  Reading? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:35 pm

I think I have the Golden Compass set...I know I have the first one...not sure about number 2 though. but I did watch the movie...it left me a bit confused...did they ever drop the second script or did they let it die after the first one semi-flopped?
Back to top Go down
snowedunder
Fresh
snowedunder

Books?  Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books? Reading?   Books?  Reading? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:28 am

Caleb wrote:
I haven't read a single HP book. And I never intend to, unless they for some, miraculous reason, kill every single person connected to the making of the movies, from book creator all the way down to extras. Yay for HP deaths!

I mean um....

Miraculously, by that I mean, let them slow boil to death in toad spit and newt eyes...or...yeah...down with HP!!

Tee hee. The movies are ok. I own'em.

lmao damm is it really that bad?
Back to top Go down
Caleb
Fresh
Caleb

Books?  Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books? Reading?   Books?  Reading? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:25 am

Well sure, those books were intended for readers who can barely read these days. I mean don u tnk ppl no how 2 reed. wht u on crk r smtn?
hell I cn brly typ lik dis n mak cents 2 mslf.

People need to go back to 3rd grade and learn how to freaking spell their words properly, don't you think? lol

Granted I'm probably wrong on the targeted audience....but it's just my opinion, want to target the teens, publish the books in pop-up format or in picture books format with large font. *cough*

Of course, it could also just a be a local thing too...

Anyhoo, I'm off..

PS
On a side note not related to this topic, I did look into watching Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo... So far its pretty good, watched up to episode 8 before I crashed in my bed last night.
Back to top Go down
jaw18
Digi-Egg

Books?  Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books? Reading?   Books?  Reading? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:15 pm

Love reading i read all the time because i have no life. I have not read in a long time....... about a week last book i read was Magyk in the Septimus Heap Series a friend give it to me because i told them i LOVED THE HARRY POTTER SERIES. I loved it and am going to start one the second book Flyte soon.

P.S. I read all kinds of books just tell me about it and i will pick it up and check it out.
Back to top Go down
Kaiko
Digi-Egg
Kaiko

Books?  Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books? Reading?   Books?  Reading? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:36 am

I only read about 15 mins every 2 days.
I like thrillers, and adventures.
I am reading The Lost Symbol, which is a sequel to Angels & Demons.
Back to top Go down
Tyka
Digi-Egg
Tyka

Books?  Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books? Reading?   Books?  Reading? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 6:08 pm

i usually don't go for the really big books like Harry Potter or Eragon.
I read the Maximum Ride series, the Warriors Series and I just finished this book called The Clone Codes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Books?  Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books? Reading?   Books?  Reading? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Books? Reading?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DORUtamers :: Books-
Jump to: